[ Austin, TX ] . [ kharijohnson.dev ] . [ firstname.lastname@example.org ] . [ (323) 250-6175 ]
Builder | Explorer | Technology Enthusiast
Software Engineer with 4 years of experience building of high-quality, performant, and user-friendly software. A lifelong explorer of technology and innovative solutions, driven to continuously expand my skill set and share my expertise with others. Committed to delivering impactful results and collaborating with like-minded individuals.
- Adept in utilizing a range of technologies, including React.js, Github Actions, Docker, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP), to build complete end-to-end solutions. Possess a deep understanding of *Nix systems and a keen interest in maximizing their potential to drive efficiency and effectiveness.
- Dedicated to working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, delivering results and continuously striving to improve.
- Strong communication skills, the ability to build positive relationships with stakeholders, and a passion for helping others succeed.
system architecture & design
E3 RADIO - Chicago, Illinois | March, 2021 - Present
Senior Software Engineer
Built and maintained a podcast directory platform that now boasts over 100 podcasts and 10k episodes.
- Provided technical leadership to a team of 2 frontend developers, conducting code reviews and coaching on best practices, leading to a 50% increase in their productivity.
- Worked closely with internal teams and stakeholders to deliver a seamless user experience, making use of data-driven insights to drive platform improvement.
Technologies Used: Typescript, Next.js, Chakra-ui, Github Actions, Postgres w/ Prisma, GCP and Docker
The Institute for Love and Time (TILT) - Sebastopol, California (Remote) | February, 2020 – August, 2022
Full-stack Software Engineer
First Engineering hire for a web app that records messages from users to themselves, resulting in improved positive self-talk.
- Developed and maintained a scalable and secure backend architecture: Implemented various cloud technologies within GCP to support user authentication, scheduled notifications, real-time updates, and live audio encoding, ensuring the platform’s security and stability.
- Improved frontend performance and user experience: Collaborated with a designer and other stakeholders to implement frontend designs, resulting in an improvement to the overall user experience.
- Streamlined project processes and workflows: Established project-wide workflows and tools, including code reviews and team communications, to improve efficiency, maintainability, and collaboration among team members.
- Provided technical input to weekly meetings with project stakeholders and team members and led customer support efforts to resolve common issues.
Technologies Used: Typescript, Next.js, Emotion.js, Node.js, Github Actions, GCP Cloud Functions and Vercel
GVEMPIRE - Remote | February, 2018 - February 2020
- Drove full-cycle development process for a number of brochure and ecommerce sites, including ideation, design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Advised client leadership on technical implementations, Pay-Per-Click advertising, and product ownership.
- Built strong client relationships with online brands nationwide, resulting in a 30% increase in project referrals.
LASSITER HIGH SCHOOL - Marietta, GA
High School Diploma: 2013 - 2017